The Lesesne family relationship with Daniel Island began in 1699, when Issac Lesesne was given 171 acres of land on the island. The family plantation, “The Grove,” supplied Charles Town with many of its goods such as cotton, indigo and meat. Even St. Michael’s Church was the beneficiary of their products. Lime that was produced on their plantation was used in the construction of the church.
Join the Daniel Island Historical Society on February 16, 2016 at 7 p.m. at Church of the Holy Cross on Daniel Island to learn more as Dan Lesesne, member of the Society of St. Thomas and St. Denis, shares his research on the history of his French Huguenot family and their bond to Daniel Island.